Thursday, October 21, 2004

All Kinds of News and other stuff

I have some very sad news to start with. Our friend Vinnie from the Limecell crew passed away in his sleep 2 nights ago. He was only 32 years old and leaves a wife and 2 kids. We first met Vinnie back in 1997 at the CoS Supershow in Lawrence, KS. He was a very funny and great guy. I didn't know him as well as I would have liked, but I know how much he meant to our buddies in Limecell. I'm happy I did get a chance to party with him over the years in cities all over the country, thanks to the CoS. I hadn't seen him in a couple of years until we played Philly with the Jabbers back in June. I was hoping he would show up and he sure as hell did. He spent our entire set right up in front of the stage, giving me shit. Playing in Philly won't ever quite be the same. RIP Vinnie, you will be very much missed.

How about them Red Sox? As many of you will remember I ended my last post with this sentence:

"Oh, and the Red Sox, unlike the PATRIOTS, are losers. Congrats to all Yankee fans out there, now I know what fans of teams that play the PATRIOTS feel like every Sunday."

I'm beat after staying up for the last 4 nights until God-Awful times to watch the games. But it wasn't until Game 5, and David Ortiz hitting in the winning run after a 6 hour game that I actually began to believe. However, being horribly superstitious, I did not dare edit my stance, or mention the Sox at all. I was sure I would jinx it if I said anything. With that said, boy was I wrong! However there has been a little reported side to this story. As you well know, the Patriots/Seahawks game ended at around 4:30 PM on the day of Game 4 Sox/Yankees. Apparently a limo was spotted leaving Gillette Stadium by a person who was also going from the Pats game to the Sox game. As luck would have it, they happened to stay close to this limo the whole ride. As they were looking for parking near Fenway park, they caught sight of the same limo pulling up to the Players entrance. Who exited the limo? Bill Belicheck!. He strode with a military stride into the clubhouse. I have a feeling it was Belicheck who made these players realize what needed to be done.

Also in regards to Sox, I really we hope we play the Houston Astros in the World Series. Mainly because I know my man MC TOOFDK, who works on Roger Clemens' Harley in Houston, is more than willing to sabotage the bike in order to cause an unfortunate accident that, while not permenantly injuring Clemens, will cause him to miss the Series. Right TOOFY?


Now on to my NFL Results

I had a very tough week, as you can see below


Only 8 out of 14. That brings me up to 57 wins and 40 losses for the year straight up. Note however how some of my upset picks were very close. However I will pick much more carefully this week.

3 Comments:

At 8:47 PM, Blogger ja666 said...

yea how about them loser red sox sweep the world series

 
At 6:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a **great** site/blog. It pretty much covers football reading related stuff.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger Admin said...

What a great blog. Wish there were more like this.

las vegas realtor

 

Post a Comment

<< Home